Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wish me luck

Tomorrow evening Erin is going for a much needed catch up with some friends from work. She's been holed up in our tiny flat for the last 5 weeks - feeding and sleeping - only being let out for afternoon walks. She really needs to get out and have conversations with people who she doesn't have to sing Kumbaya to to get them to sleep.

It wouldn't be an issue but we've hit a little problem. We're having trouble getting Aidan down for his 7pm - 10pm sleep.  It started last week when we had a few friends over.  We were strict with them and made sure Aidan wasn't passed around or 'over-stimulated' (as the experts would say) before he went to bed.  But he didn't calm down nor sleep until they left. On Friday evening he woke up a few times.  Last night was fine but tonight there's been no settling him and the schedule has gone out of the window.

We'll see how the rest of the night goes. That's not a worry.  Erin and I will work it out together.  Tomorrow night is a different story.  I'll be me on my own.  Wish me luck.

No comments: