Sunday, January 18, 2009

Splish splash

When Grandma and Robyn were over they bathed Aidan before I got back from work one day. They said it had been pretty traumatic.  I worried.  What if he hated water?  Didn't bath?  Didn't learn to swim?  Would he be the stinky kid at school?  Or die in a freak fishing accident with his uncles Seth, Matt and Pat?  Would they one day come home and say: 'It was no good he just couldn't swim away from that mean murderin' musky?'

After bath time this week, however, I'm more hopeful.

Look how relaxed he looks entering the water.

And how relaxed he is in it.

And so relaxed later.

Ok, so he doesn't look relaxed at all but after a while he got used to it.  There weren't any tears and he even gently kicked his feet showing he might be a natural in the pool.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

HE IS SO CUTE! Yes, that is much better than when Grandma and I bathed him!

Anonymous said...

Wow, he sure is a good-looking little guy! (Takes after his momma)...(sorry Jay, couldn't resist a little backhanded-brother-in-law-type swipe).

But seriously, what beautiful big eyes!

Can't wait to see him in person!

take care and much love,

Uncle Matt

Liz DeVos said...

I know he is only a month old, but he looks like such a big boy! He has such a wise look about him! I just want to hold him right now! I can't get enough of those big eyes and dark hair!

Jay said...

Matt,

I think Liz has just answered your comment for me. The wise look? From me?