Saturday, January 10, 2009

Body moving

I'm not used to being around newborns so everything I notice about Aidan amazes me.  If you think oh, all baby's do that bare with my ignorance. 

When he's going to cry he holds back a little, stretches out, and turns pink, red, then purple. Then he lets out a high pitch screech.  It's actually very useful. We're forewarned with what's coming or shown that he is uncomfortable so we can either move him, gently rock him or if everything seems to be all right and unchangeable, panic.That started on his first day and we've got used to it now.   

More recently it's been his yawns and sneezes.  When he yawns, instead of gently lifting his lower jaw and lulling himself into a relaxing haze after a wide open bout of tiredness he'll close his mouth and cry a little.  I always thought yawns were the most relaxing of reflexes but not for this lad.  



And sneezes?  Well, they just send him to sleep, or at least in to a more relaxed state than he was.

While he sleeps he lifts his arms as if he's conducting a big brass band or choir.  Maybe the talent skipped a generation (my grandad was  a bandmaster and dad has been know to lead choirs).  If he can do it in his sleep as a baby, who knows what he'll accomplish? 

I was going to stay away from belches and bowel movements but I can't resist writing about what happened last night.  Just after a feeding and burping session he let rip down below. Then again. And again.  And again until we counted 6 ripe ones.  We told him he done well doing 6.  But he keep stretching out 5 fingers looking like he was arguing with us.  Every time we said 6 he'd show us 5.  I guess he's either going to be argumentative or just bad at mathematics.

No comments: