Thursday, January 8, 2009

The expert - part 2

We went back to see Louise today and I have to say, despite labour, it was the most harrowing thing I've witnessed (and at least with the labour I knew we were going to end up with something great). 

I haven't seen the movie, but I imagine Aidan and Erin were manhandled in ways similar to moves in The Wrestler

It was apparently all in Louise's plan but looked very painful at times.  She kept telling us that it might not look like there had been any developments - it didn't - but that great steps had been taken today, Aidan wasn't screaming at every turn and he'd managed to swallow milk, twice.  She even clapped at this stage.

As you'll see below we have another night of finger feeding.


We're going back tomorrow for one more try.

2 comments:

Together in Love said...

My thoughts are with all three of you as you go through the breast feed/bottle feed trials. I guess I got the best advice from Denise when she told me after I had first had Nick - "You need to do whatever is best for you AND your baby. If you are stressed & exhausted & frustrated, he will be too. If you are happy & content & getting as much sleep as is possible, then he will feel that as well." So I am thinking of you guys... Do what is best for all three of you - and whatever that may be, that is what works for YOUR family. Much love - Michelle

Jay said...

Thanks Michelle. And thanks to everyone who has either called or emailed or just let us air our worries with you. Thanks again.