Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The informant

Aidan and went to a parent and baby movie session at Star Theatre in Madison today. Matt Damon's new flick was a quirky, funny drama and one to recommend. I'd even recommend seeing it with a 9 month old. The dialogue scenes didn't get the attention Stephen Soderberg would have wanted but whoever chose the music got Aidan's vote. The bar-room-middle-of-the-road-jazz worked a treat and even got him conducting and singing along a few times.

But the best thing was at the end. Apparently, yesterday was the wettest September day in Madison on record. The movie theatre staff saw that it was throwing it down so got umbrellas ready for all the parents. Better still after chatting with the manager she asked me if Aidan would stay with her while I got the car. He did, and stayed dry, and I got the car.

The only way this could have been topped was if she had asked for my keys and brought my car round herself.

Can you imagine this ever happening in the UK? Actually though, if they did, with all the rain we get, it would be the only thing they did some days.

No comments: