Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Aidan updates - 8 months in

'He's now crawling, Jay,' Erin's just said to me.

He took about six movements before the lunge that he's been working on for a few weeks kicked in. He's getting quicker and quicker now and will be moving around on all fours without falling, I predict, by the end of next week.

Since I got here almost three weeks ago he's just been going from one trick to the next. The first one I noticed was while he was in his crib. In one swift movement he whipped his legs round and with his arms he pushed himself up and sat that there grinning. This has become a regular feature in Aidan's repertoire, even during the middle of the night. It's fun to put his dummy in his mouth and hold his back while he nods back to sleep and lies back down. It's not so fun if he just wants to play and doesn't go back down...at 3am.

Feeding times are now more than just giving him milk. We feed him the food we've cooked, blended and frozen but he now likes to feed himself. Starting with cheese sticks he moved on to Cheerios, peas, carrots, apple, pears and broccoli - which he hates if it's blended. It usually ends up on his bib, the floor or between his legs in his high chair but its a start.

He's also getting more vocal with the mmm of mum forming this weekend. Does that mean I don't have to see to him when he shouts this and I'm on my own with him?

My favourite, though, is either washing his face or simply rubbing his lips up and down with our fingers. If he's in the right mood he'll sing a fun tune.


No comments: