Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Finally landed

It's been too long since I've been able to blog about Aidan.  First of all he and Erin left the UK 7 weeks before I did and when I got here life took priority - oh, and internet access has been patchy too.

Well, normal service should now resume.

Here's a little catch up...

Erin and Aidan welcomed me to the US with open arms.  Well Erin did,  she flashed me a huge smile and gave me a big hug but Aidan was a bit more wary.  It took a few minutes before he gave me a smile and when he  came to me for a hug he wanted to be back with mum straightaway.

I tried not to show any hurt.

It actually didn't matter.  When we got home and he'd heard his mum and dad talk all the way home he knew who I was.

   
Before his bath he rolled around on the bed and showed me his new moves.  Before they left for the States Aidan was just rolling, now he was rockin-and-a-rollin and moving-without-shakin.  He may not be quite crawling yet - wish us luck when he does - but he gets up on all fours and and steadily rocks, gets ready to go, then moves and lurches forward at anything he wants to get at. He'll then repeat it until he gets it, and finally that thing he does get goes in his mouth. This is everything and anything.  

When he was on the bed he was the complete showman.  He'd do a trick then look for the attention.  Once he got it, without any pause he was onto the next.

He then bathed with the usual vigour he had in London and went to sleep.  It was a great end to a big old journey of migrating to the US - more of which later.

It's good to be back with both of them.

No comments: