Friday, February 24, 2012

Swimming

Aidan took his first kicks towards independence in the water the other day. We've been to swimming classes - or singing and splashing classes - for a while now and even though he loves the experience he's always been pretty happy clinging to me while we float around and sing Grand old Duke of York.

But last Monday he happily put the waistband floats on and didn't shake off the spaghetti noodle float when I put it under his arms. He even started kicking away from me when he sensed he wouldn't sink.

He's always loved hooks and when he found one at the side of the pool he swam to it. I told him that there was probably on at the other side. Without hesitation he kicked off from the side and swam to the other. I asked him if he wanted my help but the reply was indignant, "I do it on my own, by self, daddy."

No comments: