Friday, February 24, 2012

A few thoughts from mum

The other day, Aidan found the baby doll I bought for him a long time ago when I was concerned about the number of 'boy toys' he had.  He has never been interested until last night when he wanted to hold the baby in the rocking chair, he cuddled her in his blankies and put her in a basket to sleep. He held her and said in a sing songy voice, "I love you for-ever, I love you for-ever" He then woke up this morning shouting for me saying that baby was crying.  Will this be practice for the future? I hope so...

At music class Aidan was very excited to be in a big school. When the other kids arrived he asked 'what your names?' and 'what your color?' He was particularly excited to have the same favorite colors as the music teacher, blue and green. Pop goes the weasel was a popular one for him. 

'stakes. Lots of Mistakes are being made by mummy and daddy lately. Aidan will remind us. Mommy, you made a 'stake!' can be heard frequently. Sometimes I read only 2 books instead of 3 or didn't get him the 'right' pair of socks.  Perhaps I didn't put his scarf on just right.  He also likes to tell Mommy when Daddy makes 'stakes.  When does this shift to when Mommy and Daddy get lots of praise and encouragement? 

Ice skating - At first he just wanted to go on the ice with boots. When he realized it wasn't very 'sllippy' with boots on and he saw Daddy's ice skates he wanted them too. There was nothing but smiles and laughter then after. He did need a lot of support to keep vertical but didn't cry or get discouraged when he would fall.  Daddy did great too, no falls for him. Even with a little 3 year old was floppy around him! We saw a couple skating with their stroller on the ice. That will be us next year!! I can't wait to finally use my skates again! It has been since 2007 that I have been skating. And that was for my birthday at the Tower of London. The rink was a third of the size of Tenney Park. 

Super Kids!
I made super hero capes last weekend. I started with one for Aidan but then got carried away and made 5 others for other kids and a spare for Aidan. Bedtime stories have made a change from puppies, froggies and castles to SUPER KIDS! the stories all involve his friends from afar as well as his loyal cousins. His favorite story is one where there is an evil cape that Bella finds and everyone has to save Bella from the evil cape. 

'pew, pew' is the sound of Aidan's play shooting. He doesn't call it shooting though. He calls it 'pewing'.  'Mommy, can you play pewing wif me?'

No comments: