Saturday, February 21, 2009

Relative calm

Erin's just left to go to Gatwick and pick up her brother, Matt, his wife, Liz, and our niece, Sophie. She's 2 and a half and excited to see Aidan.

At the moment there's plenty of space in the flat, it's the cleanest it's been for ages and the only noise is coming from the stereo playing the latest music.

With Aidan asleep it's all serene.

As I write that, a little jolt of panic flutters in my heart:  Aidan.  He's in his room.  Asleep.  And I'm here alone with him for a few hours.  We've not had the pleasure since the fateful crying down night, which I might add, only ever happened once.

So I'm finishing this post - a little faster now - thinking about preparing his feed, putting the finishing touches to our preparation for our relatives coming over and wondering what it's going to be like in our place with a baby and a toddler around.

We'll see. 

No comments: