Saturday, February 7, 2009

Isn't he lovely...

At 3:30am, settling Aidan, everybody's comments were burning a red hot hole into my tired brain. 'He's so placid,' they said. 'I can't believe he's sleeping so well,' they added. But the scorching 'he's so so good' was the kicker.

Earlier Aidan and I went to see a few of our friends at Bla's birthday party.  We gave Erin a break and I introduced the wee one to some of our friends who haven't seen him yet. I can safely say they may have met him but he hasn't seen them yet.  He slept through all their fawning. Probably the reason why he was up crying instead of sleeping at 3:30 this morning.

We left not long after most people turned up.  It was a reality check when we were walking down Wandsworth High Street on our way home seeing people making the most of their Friday night.  We'd left our friends behind doing that too.

Sometimes I miss being carefree.

No comments: