Sunday, June 15, 2008

Names, names, and more names

On Saturday night we went out for our Friend Fred's birthday.

We met up with Fred and Caroline to go to the Royal College of Surgeons before we ate. Now, I know I'm trying to lose a bit of weight but there was no need to completely put me off my food. The College museum basically houses a collection, mainly put together by John Hunter in the 1700s.  It contains exhibits from a star fish to all sorts of human organs and the tools needed to get them out.  Once I'd been through the smallpox area and seen 10 seconds of brain surgery I'd kind of had enough.  Fred must have seen this in my face as he swiftly dragged Erin and I through a section he thought - as did I - a father and mother-to-be shouldn't ever see. 

After half an hour in there we walked through central London for a while to erase the memories etched on our minds and met up with Chris, Bla and Ben before we went for Korean B-B-Q.

If you ever need a protein boost go to Ko bar just off Oxford Street.  Highly Recommended.

Later we sat in a pub and discussed life, all it throws at us and baby names.   

I'm not sure who brought it up but it wasn't Erin or I.  Caroline spoke about Father's day as we left the restaurant, we had a little moment when we realised I'd get a card next year. But the names wasn't our fault.

Anyway, Fred thinks he or she should be called Brick.  As in Brick, er, Wall-er.

Other people chimed in. Rhianan, Rhian?  That was from the Welsh boy.

Then Builder was mentioned - Fred

Rudi Waller was mooted.  For those who don't know about German football it was a nod to a striking great. And before anyone thinks about extending the name to Rudolph Waller, it's already been crossed off the list as we don't want a child to sound - even remotely - like a war criminal.  

Then Dry Stone Waller was uttered.  He wouldn't give up.  Heaven help his publication if that's the best pun he can do.

We mentioned that we'd had a early front runner for a girl with the name Imogen.  This was greeted in a more positive manner than when we mentioned it to Erin's mum.  It's an absolute no go now.  She didn't really like Imogen when she first heard it and  couldn't get it into her head.  So much so when Erin spoke to her the following Sunday she said she 'didn't like the name Imogina'. And that wasn't pronounced I-MO-GEEN-A.

Another-brick-in-the Waller anyone?  Guess who thought of that.

1 comment:

Calmos Aaron said...

Matthew Amroli Waller?