Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day two at Little Explorers

Day two didn't exactly go as well as day one.

We don't have any photos or images as the images are powerful enough in my head.

Everything was going well enough through breakfast and getting his clothes on until we needed to leave. "You come, too, momma?" He asked. And when he realized she wasn't, it was met with a ferocious cry.

It took 30 seconds and distraction to calm him down. But as he was crying, "I don't like daddy" for the third time. I said, "Hey Aidy let's look for a truck." He was in the middle of a I don't like... when he finished the sentence with a "...oh, trucks, yes."

The journey was OK. We chatted about his first day at daycare and he pointed out a few parks.
And it was OK walking in and dropping off his jacket in his locker and seeing the other kids and building a tower.

But when I got up to leave the waterworks came back on. Miss Julie saw what was going on and promptly moved him to a set of photos to look at. But I was left the whole day with the image of tears tickling down his face.

My mate Chris has a daughter who has just started there too. He looked as white as I must have
when we met up, leaving the place. Drop-off wasn't good for either of us.

Picking him up was a little fraught too. His usual teachers weren't there and the stand-in gave me Aidy's report card. It didn't say much except that they were working on trying to get him to drink his milk slower. I didn't think too much about it except for like father like son.

But when I got home and read it to Erin, she rightly said it didn't sound like Aidy. And it wasn't. They gave us the card of a boy called Caidan's.

No comments: