Monday, August 15, 2011

Split shfts

Aidan wasn't well the other day. He went to bed at night with some Tylenol and was due Ibuprofen at 2am.

We decided to split the nightshift. I took the first half and after a few bouts of crying from him, I went into his room. He had a rough time between 10pm and 1am. But from 1-2 he slept fine,awaking with a jolt at 2 when he needed his meds.

It was a bit of a comedy of errors as I tripped up and bumped into his bed while giving him his dose of Tylenol. He woke further and started asking where my pillow was, randomly. I decided things could get done quicker with the light on. But when it shone he immediately saw his cup with the animals on it and started doing impressions of elephants.

I thought I was never going to get him back to sleep. But after he'd taken the meds and the light was switched off he turned over and found a deep comfort. I, on the other hand, was awake for a couple of hours. He ended up sleeping all the way through until 7 - all of Erin's shift.

No comments: