Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Gone gone gone

'Is it perfect?'
No, it's far from that, I thought.
'Huh?' was my reply.
The man standing with me at Starbucks pointed at the sign which stated that they strived for perfection and would give money back if their product wasn't.
My coffee was all right, I wasn't.  I'd just said bye to Erin and Aidan at the airport.


Most of you will know Erin left for the US on Tuesday.  So did Aidan.  We've decided to move there and I'm finishing up my work here while waiting for my visa to come through. Like a  typical bloke I concentrated on other things before they went and tried to avoid thinking about the black hole they would leave in the flat.  And my life.  It's short term, I know, but it's pretty dark.

Having said this, I've spoken to Erin quite a lot since they left, seen Aidan on Skype - just now, and photos are being taken which I'm going to post soon.

We'll cope, but I do miss them.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Hey Jason, Guess I haven't kept in touch enough. Sorry to hear that you're off stateside - drop us a line if you fancy a beer before you go. Nick