Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Waller boys do London

Erin's taken Char to Paris for a day trip. This means I've taken the day off - day off? - to look after Aidan. I've had the bright idea of blogging what we get up to. Whether it'll actually happen in between nursery rhymes, feeding and nappy changes who knows but keep coming back to see what we get up to:
03:45 Get woken up. Not by Aidan but by the two who are leaving for St. Pancras Station.
03:45 Feed Aidan in the hope that he'll sleep a little longer.
06:00 Hear rumbling from the cot.
06:10 He's awake, it didn't work.
07:10 Eats baby cereal and formula with a side of toes. Yes toes. They're tasty just not that nutritional.
07:30 Play the opening-and-closing-cupboard-doors-game.
07:40 Race up and down the hallway in the Bugaboo. The first giggles of the day.
07:50 Read Three Little Pigs and If I Were A Sheep.
08:15 After a little whining and rolling on his side, he's asleep. Now it's all about rushing around, sterilising bottles, picking up and getting ready to go out. How much coffee will I need today? 2 down already.
09:00 Even chainsaws and lawnmowers cranking up outside can't wake him up. They aren't half trying though.
09:45 Up, changed and off we go to the South Bank Aquarium

10 - 3 We've had 2 sleeps, 2 feeds and a poo. Well, Aidan has. I've just had 1 feed. And we've been to the aquarium and Hyde Park via Big Ben. Not that Aidan noticed:



In the aquarium Aidan would be very serene and mellow one minute taking in the sights and sounds. He was transfixed by the sharks, stingray and Tuna. Then he'd suddenly giggle. He'd look up at me, smile and then giggle. Loved it.



Dad did make a big mistake today. When Erin left she said make sure you take enough bottles and food out with you. I did. I also, very cleverly, made sure I had enough nappies. Or so I thought. At Hyde Park, seeing what was going on with Aidan's contortions I dived for the nappy bag only to see it was empty. I'd changed him at the aquarium and either left one in the changing room or flicked the top, not the bottom, seeing too sides instead of two nappies. It's thanks to a very kind nanny in Hyde Park that Aidan is now wearing a Pampers.

3 He's sleeping. I'm blogging wishing I was sleeping.

4 - 6:30 We Skyped Liz then Aidan got a bit bored. I tried singing. No. Playing in front of the mirror. No. So I put him on the bed and for an hour we rolled around, jumped up and down, and roughhoused. It was giggletastic. Then time for bath. And now he's in bed.

It's been a great day - one for the memory bank. But I'm so ready for something to eat and a shower. It really makes me realise what Erin has done day-in and day-out since December 22nd.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Great job, Jay!

Liz DeVos said...

Father and son time is a good thing. It sounds like you kept yourself out of trouble and even had fun!

Great job Waller!