Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Oops

The first mistake was walking into the lounge with Aidan's bottle firmly clamped between my lips.  I know I shouldn't have but the formula wasn't coming out and I just wanted to unclog it. I won't don't that ever again.  I promise.  The look Alison gave me will stay with me for a while. And getting told there are more germs in your mouth than there are on the floor made me feel Aidan's size.  I usually would have knocked it back saying that he's all right and he'll be able to develop bacteria to fight it. But seeing as he hasn't been 100 per cent recently I didn't have an argument.

The next time I was chastened was for the below series of photos.






Not a mistake at all really. A rather good idea, I think.  But letting Owen jump on the furniture was, rightly so, frowned upon.  Alison and Railton have rules which we want Aidan to abide by in the future such as eating meals at the kitchen table, away from the lounge.  We'll do this, not only when he's old enough but when we have a separate kitchen and lounge.  Our London apartment wouldn't accommodate this at the moment.  It looks like they're doing a great job teaching about respecting their own and other people's furniture too.  When they saw what I had Owen doing on my mum's conservatory couch Alison turned white.  We were having great fun too. I'd love to say it was all about the photos.  But it was mainly about rebellion.  I'd never have got away with doing it myself when I was Owen's age. Or now for that matter.  So Owen did it for me instead.

No comments: